11.15.2010

My Blog

I went to check my e-mail this morning and this is what happened...



So I posted this...




Align CenterPeople often ask where I get all my random information to blog about. It's simple actually. I love to meet new people and talk to strangers. There are so many interesting people out there with the most interesting things to say. Listen to others, appreciate their stories and embrace the unique things that make them who they are. I also choose to surround myself with wonderful friends who are inspirational and motivating. By eliminating all the negative people from my life's Rolodex, there leaves only room for those who help me grow.

I also walk everywhere. I have a car, but hardly use it now that I live in the city. If you walk around your neighbourhood and become more perceptive of your surroundings, the realization that the world really is a beautiful place will quickly become apparent. For instance, ever notice the art and messages in graffiti or in window displays just by walking down an ordinary street? I always do.

I love window shopping and appreciate the creativity that goes into making the window display of a boutique, a shop or even a bakery. When I find a really fabulous one, I stop and marvel at it. My friend, Jane, and I were walking home from her yoga studio one day and she noticed my curiosity with the occasional artistic window. She took note and swore to start noticing the things around her that day. She lives on Ossington Avenue which is full of artistic expression, designers and trendy spots although she realized her busy schedule hindered her from paying attention to the simple things (such as window displays) on her route home. I can only hope she's taking the time to indulge in all the pretty windows out west right now :)

Perhaps we should all look around, be curious and have a conversation with a beautiful stranger once in awhile. It's really quite harmless and could possibly start an epidemic of gypsy blogs everywhere! What a wonderful world that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment