10.28.2010

Oh La La Buckler

I am so thankful to have many men reading and following my blog. When I launched GypsyMe I aspired for the ladies as well as the gentlemen to enjoy my posts. And although I sometimes feature some girlie fluff on my blog, I always make sure to add those masculine touches here and there. This post however is strictly dedicated to all those men who dress to impress. If you like to keep up with the season's most fashionable gear, then look not further because I've found your new favourite store.

During Fashion Week, my friend Michelle and I got pulled into a sassy store event while walking up Queen Street West. Buckler is a menswear brand founded in 2001 by Andrew Buckler - known as a designer who “disregards the universal monotony that plagues menswear”. The label melds roguish American style with British edge which makes for fitted, stylish and comfortable clothing for work or play. For work, Buckler has teamed with Gansevoort Tailors to introduce a line of made-to-measure suiting. As for play, the designer offers traditional guys a chance to look ruggedly handsome in the outdoors.

Buckler currently only has stores in London, New York City and Toronto. Michelle and I loved the 700 Queen Street West location and the event. The store had racks of clothing that party goers could explore while they enjoyed music by a guest DJ and complimentary Champagne all night. They even handed us gift bags with some high end men's products which I will pass onto my brother.

Trendy music, free cocktails and an abundance of great looking men - I guess it pays to be in the right place at the right time.

Me, Michelle and an English chap we met at the event

Voila - Some looks from Buckler's fall 2010 collection. I am a big fan of the boots featured with every outfit. There's something very sexy about a man stomping around in big high topped boots wouldn't you say?

Denim on denim is a very popular look right now. Feel free to pair any coloured pieces of denim together. Wear jeans with a jean shirt, jean vest, jean jacket or go wild and wear all three at the same time!



This line focused on grey and neutral tones.



Doesn't plaid remind everyone of autumn? Plaid is trendy no matter what way you wear it. When the weather cools down wear your favourite button up under a cardigan, add slouch cargo pants tucked into heavy boots and you're set.

This menswear brand captures a polished look while staying true to its signature rocker vibe.

Tip top tailored

These are great street wear looks. A little hat and some boots can instantly add some spice to any ordinary outfit of jeans and a button up.

A fitted sweater under a detailed blazer is a strong look for an evening out on the town or a fancy dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment