2.21.2011

Happy Long Weekend

Hi friends! Hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend. There's one more day off to go out and enjoy beautiful snow-covered Toronto. I highly recommend venturing to one of the many outdoor public skating venues. I recently went on a spur-of-the-moment late night skate downtown at Nathan Phillips Square.

Now I'm no Joannie Rochette, however my company, the grand atmosphere of being nestled in the heart of the city surrounded by lights and tall buildings and of course Batman made it a perfect way to spend the evening. That's right I said Batman because there just so happened to be an older gentleman on the ice dressed in a full Batman costume and in full superhero character I might add. He had no skates on, but I assumed by watching him glide across the ice in his boots with his long cape trailing behind, he must have been hired by the rink for entertainment purposes. Not only was he extremely theatrical, he made sure to help all the rookie skaters back up on their feet after some tumbles.

The best part of this story comes only after I returned my rental skates and asked about Batman. The rink attendant had absolutely no idea what I was talking about as the venue only hires Santa's to skate around with the public during the holiday season.

This made me think - superhero on a call of duty or strange man with possible mental issues? I suggest children be supervised during public skating at all times...

No comments:

Post a Comment