1.30.2011

Model For A Day


Ever wonder what the world would be like if everyone did what they were passionate about for a living? It seems like such a simple thing and yet I'm always so surprised to learn at how many people are stuck in occupations they absolutely despise. I'm a firm believer that in order to be successful at anything in life (sports, relationships or a career) one must be passionate about it. I applaud all those brave enough to follow their dreams and start doing what they love. No one should wake up every morning and dread going to work.

Michelle Belsky is a woman who made those changes. Quitting her steady and safe job in the finance industry, Belsky pursued her love for photography. She is currently living and working on an overwhelming amount of creative projects in Toronto . She's collaborated with top modeling agencies around the city to shoot fashion editorials, catalogues, creatives and studio work. She's also teamed up with actors and musicians and some of her most recent work includes behind-the-scenes shooting for top music videos.

So when Belsky asked a certain blogging gypsy to be involved with various projects she had on the go, I was more than happy to join in. Months ago we sat down and discussed inspirations for a shoot over cappuccinos. The next day we were on location and Belsky began putting those plans into motion. Being my second photo shoot ever, I started off a bit shy in front of the camera. However, with some professional direction, great communication and the general relaxed vibe Belsky brings to the table, it wasn't long before I felt comfortable in front of that canon 24-70mm L series lens.

For the first series of photographs, I wore an over sized men's dress shirt with my hair pulled back into a messy bun. Natural sunlight was used to capture a soft morning feel while I posed in the window sill of a loft. The next series of photos were taken in a kitchen wearing a vintage sequined dress with high shoulder pads and exposed back. The dress and Belsky's idea of having the shoot in a kitchen were brilliant. Wearing a fabulous evening dress in the least expected of places was such a unique idea.

Since this shoot, she's asked me to be involved with other projects and I made sure to clear my schedule. We've worked on a vintage clothing shoot in studio, an industrial-inspired shoot as well as a music video which is currently being edited and will showcase on MuchMusic these coming months. Don't worry readers, I'll include these projects on my blog as soon as I can.

Here are a few pics from our first photo shoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment